SIETAR Europa is the European branch of the world-wide organisation SIETAR. SIETAR Europa is an umbrella organisation for a number of national SIETAR organisations in Europe. You can read more about SIETAR Europa and SIETAR in general here
This is the website of SIETAR Europa’s first Special Interest Group – on Migration.
The SIG was founded as a forum for Interculturalists who are interested or working in the area of Migration. You can read more about our activities on the various tabs on this site.
- Gather knowledge on the topic of Migration as it relates to Interculturalism and Interculturalists
- Disseminate knowledge gained both to members of the SIG and SIETAR members
- Create a network to provide mentoring and support for members working in the field.
- Raise awareness inside and outside SIETAR of the Role Interculturalists can play in migration issues.
(see also the Communications menu item)
- Discussion – either online via our LinkedIn group or in face-to-face meetings
- Knowledge sharing – we are working on ways to enhance our knowledge sharing.
- For starters we are running a Quarterly Webinar Series on the intersection of ‘Intercultural’ and ‘Migration’. Find out more here.
- We also encourage members to use the LinkedIn Group for discussions. See the Communications page for details on joining the LinkedIn Group.
- Please email us at SIG_migration@sietareu.org if you have any suggestions
- Publishing material from members – to enhance both the reputation of Interculturalists and of SIETAR. Please email us at SIG_migration@sietareu.org if you have material of interest. Note that the LinkedIn Group is also a useful forum for sharing knowledge
- Support – via individuals and groups working together on topics of interest (and the creation of sub-groups of specialist interest). Watch for more news on this in Q3 2019.