Click here for details of the next Webinar and for information on past Webinars.
SIETAR Europa Congress – Leuven, Belgium May 27th-June 2nd 2019
One of the tracks and the Congress is dedicated to Migration: Track 3: Migration – Building strength out of opportunities and challenges
Many SIG well be presenting at the Congress. The schedule will be available in early April 2019
SIETAR Spain Congress – Malaga Sept 28-29 2018
- The Migration SIG will run a workshop on Saturday 29th 14:00-15:30 (details to be announced)
- SIG members Grazia Ghellini and Ghislaine Tamsier, along with colleagues Aziza Benrahal and Salah Boudi, will give a workshop entitled: Culturas: a game for promoting intercultural and interreligious dialogue within companies, community centers or educational establishments
- SIG member Kristin Brogan will give a presentation on Friday 28th September between 16:00 and 17:30 entitled: Intercultural and linguistic competences for staff dealing with refugees/migrants
- SIG member Grazia Ghellini along with colleague Mohammad Antar will present a workshop from 11:30 to 13:00 on Saturday 29th September entitled: Engaging intercultural training activities for fostering newcomers’ acculturation
The entire program, which looks great, can be seen here
SIETAR Poland Congress – Krzyzowa 12th-13th October 2018
- A workshop by Teresa Mroczek – “…… how to create, employ and lead gamification for the acculturation of migrants and other newcomers with people in local Polish communities and organizations.” (More details on this later)
While our SIG does not have a particular event yet organised at this fascinating Congress we do hope to have some get-together of SIG members and maybe a presentation – watch this space! The Congress looks really interesting, in an amazing location, and if it is up to the standard of previous SIETAR Polska events it should not be missed
Migration SIG Face-to-Face meeting – November/December 2018
We plan to hold a week-end face-to-face meeting somewhere convenient in Europe for all SIG members available to attend. We will be in touch shortly with a location and dates.